Electrical Project Engineer
General Role Description
The Project Engineer is accountable for day-to-day engineering tasks. A project engineer will typically be engaged on multiple projects with coordination by Project Managers and the Director of Engineering. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Maxson Engineering is a Littleton, Colorado based full-service Mechanical and Electrical Engineering firm. We are especially proud of our company culture which is driven by our core values; being positive, proactive, innovative, and accountable. These values drive our culture and priorities while providing a framework in which all decisions are made. The core values are the foundation on which the company is built. Maxson Engineering was founded on the principles of engineering excellence and a commitment to quality client care. We pride ourselves on focusing our clients’ needs and developing balanced and workable solutions to help our clients achieve their goals. The company has extensive experience designing complex mechanical and electrical systems for challenging projects.
Based upon multiple factors, including but not limited to level of experience, skills, qualifications, and credentials, the pay range for this position is expected to be: $63,000 to $100,000
- Provide input for continuous improvement of engineering processes
- Continue to develop personal engineering skills
- Work towards attaining professional registration if not already registered
- Work with Project Managers on assigned engineering tasks
- Work with Designers to execute engineering tasks
- Ensure design complies with regulatory, code, and client requirements
External Leadership / Community
- Assure that the organization is consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- General working knowledge of relevant building codes
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Minimum one year experience with relevant system design
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam with NCEES registration
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience
The work performed with this position will be primarily in a heated/cooled office environment. The job will also involve occasional trips for various business purposes. The equipment this employee is expected to operate include a computer, copier/scanner, phone, plotter, field survey tablet and various other field survey equipment. Lifting requirements are minimal (less than 1% of time) and typically does not exceed 30 pounds.
Benefit Package Includes
Maxson Engineering offers a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Major medical with vision and dental plan 100% paid for employee
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Health savings account
- Short and long term disability and life insurance plan 100% paid for employee
- PTO (holidays, vacation and sick)
- Flex time, 9 hours days Monday through Thursday and half days on Friday.
- Eligible for year-end profit sharing
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The responsibilities, skills, efforts, working conditions and any other aspect of the position may change at any time at the sole discretion of GVA, depending upon the needs of the enterprise.
Date job description was written or last reviewed: April 28, 2022