Maxson Engineering is a Littleton, Colorado-based full service Mechanical and Electrical Engineering firm seeking a qualified Electrical Engineer to join our team. Maxson Engineering has over 100 years of combined experience specializing in high-tech, aerospace, healthcare, higher education, laboratories and mission critical facilities.
Candidates shall have general building electrical system knowledge including but not limited to power distribution, lighting, UPS, generator systems, fire alarm and communications conveyance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform field investigations and analyze existing conditions
- Prepare construction documents, specifications, cost opinions, and engineering reports
- Perform power system studies including load flow analysis, short-circuit analysis, protective coordination, and arc-flash studies
- Perform photometric calculations
- Provide engineering support during construction
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- 0-4 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards such as the NEC, NFPA, IECC, IFC, IBC, etc.
- Proficient computer skills to utilize industry accepted, computer-based engineering and design software applications (AutoCad, SKM Power Tools, ElumTools, Visual, etc.)
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate to team members and Clients
- REVIT experience is a plus
- Medium Voltage experience is a plus
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Company paid health insurance for employee, Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with company match and paid holidays and vacation time.